All of Us

All of Us
Summer 2011

Us

Us
Summer 2011

Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year

So, only 4 days left in the year (counting today) and I'm already thinking about every things that needs to be done!!! Oh, wait, most of that is just left over stuff from this year.


It has been a good year, the vehicles are still operating (very well for over 400,000 and 200,000 miles); we've learned more about living with a Bishop in the house (some learning curves are bigger than others and suddenly I'm sad that I can be so slow to learn some things, leaps of faith are not my strength); welcomed a beautiful new member to the family (see picture of Raelee); said good-bye to the Rylands (be safe in Australia) and look forward to having Jim and Becca back in Utah county; we have jobs; learned about and use Skype; figured out that we'd rather have a picture of us or family, where we don't look perfect, rather than no picture at all; Camren started school; welcomed the idea that Mom and Dad Veech are thinking about moving to Utah; am learning again about how lovely and important laughter is.





How can the movement from one day to another be so significant? Is it more than just marking time? Old year, new year, I think I may just be pleased to be a part of another day.......In my mind I see January reaching out to hold hands with December, to complete a circle, but instead of Jan of '09 reaching out, it's Jan of '10 to Dec of '09 and it's not a circle they make, but a continuing spiral that starts a new cycle rather than completes an old one.


I'm blessed with today and hope for a tomorrow....I'll try to learn from yesterday, make today a little better and try again tomorrow to get to the things I failed at today.  I know I'll have failures, but I'll try harder to do more than just mark time. Does it sound a bit like a prayer, I hope so. I hope I'm still learning. Some things I have to write down to really see.


Happy New Year










1 comment:

Robin said...

Very nice post. I really like your spiral imagery. And man, isn't it hard to do more than mark time?